Skip to main content

Hello and Welcome to my blog!

 About me:

Name: Aaron
Age: 43

(The older I get, the less I care to share many things about me online, though know this: I am a pro democracy, anti-racist leftist - it feels important to share that, especially these days, with the insanity that the "Religious Right" has plunged our world into)

and I quilt! I dabble in other crafts but my love for quilting has endured. I learned to quilt 16 years ago and since then have made ... not very many. Life stressors getting me down. Then, instead of leaning into creating, I push it away, waiting for a time when things will settle down so I can focus. But, not creating stresses me out so it just snowballs. 

Enough about stress. I started this blog as a way to hold myself accountable to my creative goals. I have so many quilt ideas and they just keep coming! Whenever I get down on myself and wonder if I can even call myself a quilter anymore when I have not finished a quilt since 2021, another burst of inspiration hits. I have quilt brain all of the time. I look at buildings and nature and see quilts. Fabric is my medium, quilts my art. 

I also used to write! That's another goal, to get better at writing out my thoughts in a coherent manner, where I don't have to worry about word count, or if my blurb is reaching this or that audience. I used to love getting comments but after Instagram, I'm all commented out. I don't want to hear it anymore. It's not the right kind of engagement for me. This is not a business for me, it's a hobby, and I think that's tough sometimes when I share quilts on Instagram, and people assume I want to answer endless questions about quilting, and when am I going to put out a pattern, and on and on. I am a quilter, not a pattern writer.

Just say, "Nice quilt!" and move on. Haha.

Anywho, I care not for SEO optimization or any of that. I'm not going into this with an aim to make money with this blog. This blog will see no partnerships or sponsors or anything. Just me, sending my thoughts into the void via the written word and pictures.

Good to be here. Good to start something new. This reminds me of when I first started playing around on the Internet. I just want a good, "old-fashioned" blog again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Internet Culture

The Internet is the largest gathering place for humans on the planet. It's hard to quantify sometimes; I need to study culture more in general, how cultures evolve through time in language, mythology, etiquette, art, etc. I would like to go back to school at some point. I know I want to study Anthropology, Archaeology, possibly Sociology. I mean, I guess they all go together. You can tell probably I am less enthused about the last one.  I just know I have got to get out of custodial. My adult child commented the other day that they feel custodial is killing me. I get sick more often, and it lasts longer. I think it was working in a hospital during the pandemic, plus the pandemic itself, and all the wildfires we had here that got really close to some friends of mine, turned the sky and sun a raging shade of orange, and destroyed a town. I awoke to my plants in my flowerbox covered in ashes. I don't even know all the ways that changed me, who I even was before. Certainly, not con...